Zephyr Airflow Sensor
Honeywell Extends Zephyr Airflow Sensor Product Line With Analog Version
News Release from:
Honeywell Sensing and Control
08 November 2010
Honeywell today announced the introduction of the Honeywell Zephyr Analog Airflow Sensors that provide an analog interface for reading airflow over the specified full scale flow span and temperature range. These new analog sensors join the Honeywell Zephyr Digital Airflow Sensors that were launched in April 2010. The analog version offers the same features and benefits as the digital version, and is designed for customers that are either replacing legacy analog parts or who prefer to operate with an analog sensor.
Honeywell's Zephyr Airflow Sensors deliver the industry's most accurate airflow reading across the operating range of the sensor. The HAF (High Accuracy) Series provide high accuracy, enhanced reliability, and repeatable measurements to meet many medical and industrial application specifications.
The Honeywell Zephyr Analog Airflow Sensors offer several competitive advantages not found in other analog airflow sensors, including:
* High 2.5% accuracy that allows for very precise airflow measurement, often ideal for demanding applications with high accuracy requirements;
* Customization, which allows the sensor to be tailored to meet specific end-user needs;
* High sensitivity at very low flows to enable the detection of the presence or absence of airflow in the application;
* High stability to reduce errors due to thermal effects and null shift to provide accurate readings over time, often eliminating the need for system calibration after printed circuit board (PCB) mount, and periodically over time;
* Low pressure drop, which typically improves patient comfort in medical applications, and reduces noise and system wear in components such as motors and pumps;
* Linear output provides a more intuitive sensor signal than the raw output of basic airflow sensors which can help customers reduce production costs and implementation time.
The Honeywell Zephyr Analog Airflow Sensors' small size occupies less space on the PCB, allowing for a smaller PCB which can reduce production costs and simplify installation in space-restricted applications. Their low 3.3 Vdc voltage option and low power supply requirements allow for use in battery-powered and portable applications.
Honeywell Zephyr Analog Airflow Sensors are designed to measure mass flow of air and other non-corrosive gases. They are available in standard flow ranges, and are fully calibrated and temperature compensated. They provide an analog interface for reading airflow over the specified full scale flow span and temperature range, and their thermally isolated heater and temperature sensing elements help provide a fast response to air or gas flow.
Potential medical applications include anesthesia delivery machines, hospital diagnostics (spectrometry, gas chromatography), nebulizers, oxygen concentrators, patient monitoring systems (respiratory monitoring), sleep apnea machines, spirometers, ventilators, and ventricular assist devices. Potential industrial applications include air-to-fuel ratio, analytical instrumentation (spectrometry, chromatography), fuel cells, gas leak detection, gas meters, HVAC filters, meteorology equipment, and variable air volume (VAV) systems on HVAC systems.