D244X Series, Dycon
Dycon launches the D244X Series, our latest 24V power supply range to bring switched mode technology to access control applications
News Release from:
24 April 2012
Switched mode technology means more power is available for use, less heat is generated and wasted, stable voltage is present for running your applications in the most efficient way possible. Our switched mode D244X Series offer the consistent reliability that has become the Dycon power supply trademark.
The switched output is designed for highly inductive loads such as access control door strikes and locks and is protected to control high voltage back-EMF spikes. This makes our D244X Series the perfect power supply for access control applications with door strikes and systems requiring automatic door release - the D244X Series power supply can be remotely controlled to switch off power and allow automatic door release or closure when required.
In common with all Dycon switched mode power supplies, the D244X Series uses considerably less power than conventional linear units, providing a highly efficient power conversion, better than 85% at full rated output. Using our D244x Series of switched mode 24 volt power supplies won’t cost the earth - they are more energy-efficient than conventional linear power supplies and have lower running costs.
The power supplies have the following features:
- Available in 1.0, 3.0 and 5.0 Amp versions
- Quick and easy status monitoring with LED display to show monitored faults: PSU fault, battery fault and AC power status
- On/Off power switching control input will allow the user to switch the PSU off and permit opening/closure of automatic doors when needed
- Status LED display indicating normal/standby operation and On/Off switching status to check quickly and easily the status of the PSU
- Over-voltage output protection will switch off the power supply if it reaches too high a voltage (around 30 volts)
- Jumper for selecting inverted or normal power switching operation
- Inductive and capacitive load switching surge protection and snubbing, and an intelligent electronic fuse output protection with automatic reset are safety features which stop the PSU from blowing up when too much current is applied for example
- Constant current battery charging allows faster charging, which means time and cost savings in the long term
- Available in PCB format or housed in a metal enclosure (2 different sizes available) to suit most applications