HIP Bridge Driver Portfolio Expanded by Intersil
News Release from:
02 October 2012
Intersil today introduced the expansion of the industry leading "HIP" portfolio of MOSFET bridge drivers for power supply and motor drive applications. This family of 100V, 2A, high frequency half-bridge drivers provides the shortest rise/fall times, adjustable dead-time control and flexible control outputs.
The HIP2120, HIP2121, HIP2122 and HIP2123 products provide more flexibility to control the half-bridge MOSFETs and to reduce the component count of the application circuit. Additionally, the integrated delay timer allows designers to adjust the dead-time between the two outputs via an external resistor, eliminating the shoot-through current that can occur in half-bridge and synchronous buck topologies. The new drivers are designed for telecom isolated half-bridge DC/DC converters, non-isolated DC/DC converters, motor drivers, Class-D amplifiers and a variety of other applications.
Features and Specifications
• 10ns driver rise and fall times
• Integrated delay timer is programmable with an external resistor
• HIP2120 and HIP2121 have single PWM input and enable pin
• HIP2122 and HIP2123 have independent high-side and low-side inputs
• HIP2120 and HIP2122 have CMOS compatible inputs with hysteresis
• HIP2121 and HIP2123 have 3.3V TTL compatible inputs
• Wide supply voltage range of 8V to 14V with supply undervoltage protection