VPT Offers New EMI Filter
News Release from:
03 June 2010
VPT, Inc. has introduced a new EMI filter module for distributed power systems. The new VPTc10-28 EMI filter satisfies strict reliability requirements for commercial avionics and military systems in the U.S. and Europe.
“VPT is a global brand, and this module was developed to meet the requirements of our global customers,” said Michael J. Bosmann, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Sales. “Often modules developed in the U.S. satisfy only U.S. requirements. However we’ve planned the development of this product and future products on a more global scale to meet the growing demands of avionics and military power systems designers whether they’re in Europe or the United States. The additional benefit to our users is the ability to design their systems for universal power systems which they can sell into both European and USA markets without changes in power distribution design.”
The VPTc10-28 Series EMI filter and transient suppressor combines two modules in one space-saving package. This module reduces the reflected noise of DC-DC converters while simultaneously protecting a power system from inrush current damage and reverse polarity conditions.
Optimized for critical reliability, these new EMI filters feature:
• Up to 10 amps of output current
• Up to 150W of output power
• Wide input voltage range
• Transient operation up to 80V per MIL-STD-704 and 100V per DEF STAN 61-5 Part 6 Issue 5 and MIL-STD-1275
• Transient operation of up to 202V per ISO 7637-2 and DEF STAN 61-5 part 6, issue 6
• 45 dB minimum attenuation at 500 kHz
• Inrush current limiting
• True reverse polarity protection
• Wide temperature range, -55°C to +100°C
• Six-sided metal rugged enclosure
• Meets conducted emissions requirements of DEF STAN 59-411 Part 3 Issue 1 and MIL-STD-461C/D/E/F When Used With VPT Series DC-DC Converters
• Meets conducted susceptibility requirements of DEF STAN 59-411 Part 3 Issue 1 for Land Applications, MIL-STD-461C, CS01 and CS02, and MIL-STD-461D/E/F when used with VPT Series DC-DC Converters
• Intended for harsh environments including severe vibration, shock, and temperature cycling conditions.
• Testing is to JESD22, MIL-STD-810, and MIL-STD-883