AD568xR, nanoDAC+ Converters, Analog Devices
Analog Devices’ nanoDAC+ Converters Offer Industry’s Best D/A Converter Performance and Smallest Packages
News Release from:
02 May 2012
Analog Devices, Inc today introduced a series of quad 16-, 14- and 12-bit D/A converters in space-saving 16-lead surface-mount LFCSP or leaded TSSOP packages. ADI's new AD568xR nanoDAC+ series of quad D/A converters has the industry's best DC performance (INL, offset error and gain error) and smallest package size, with a choice of on-chip or external reference and SPI or I²C control interface.
Applications such as PLC I/O cards, digital oscilloscopes, signal generators and optical modules that require low power, rail-to-rail, single-supply D/A converters will benefit from the AD568xR series’ industry leading performance.
“Customers, who previously had to trade off board area to achieve higher levels of digital-to-analog accuracy and reference drift performance now have a solution that meets all of their requirements,” said Donal Geraghty, director of Precision D/A Converters, Analog Devices. “The AD5686R delivers four D/A converters with 16-bit accuracy and a 2-ppm/°C reference in a tiny 3mm x 3mm package.”
AD5686R Quad D/A Converter Features and Benefits:
• High relative accuracy (±2LSB max at 16-bits) – suits open-loop applications
• On-chip 2.5-V, 2-ppm/°C integrated reference and low drift saves board space and removes need for calibration over temperature
• Tiny 3mm x 3mm, chip-scale 16-pin LFCSP package suits ever-shrinking board sizes (e.g. optical modules, PLC I/O cards)
• 4-kV HBM ESD rating provides increased robustness
• Choice of resolution (16, 14 or 12 bits) and interface (SPI or I²C) allows users to select the exact part required and still have a pin-compatible upgrade/down-grade path
• Available in high and mid-range performance grades (B and A) to match specific system performance and cost targets