ISL97682, ISL97683, ISL97684, Intersil, Integrated LED drivers, TFT backlighting, IS
Intersil’s Integrated LED Drivers Deliver Best-in-Class Channel Matching, Accuracy for TFT LCD Backlighting Applications
News Release from:
29 June 2011
The ISL97682/3/4 Provide up to 90 Percent Efficiency in Compact Packages for Tablets and Sub-Notebooks -- The newest LED drivers from Intersil Corporation deliver the industry's best current accuracy and channel matching for small- to medium-sized LCD backlights in smartphones, tablets and sub-notebooks.
The ISL97682, ISL97683 and ISL97684 are compact 2-, 3-, 4-channel LED drivers that operate across an input voltage range of 4V to 26.5V and deliver outputs up to 45V. The devices can also operate from inputs as low as 3V and deliver outputs up to 26.5V in the bootstrap configuration, making them suitable for systems using single lithium-ion batteries.
The devices incorporate optional automatic switching between PWM and PFM modes, providing the best (up to 90%) power efficiency across the input voltage and output load range. All devices feature current accuracy of 1.5% and channel-to-channel current matching of 0.7%, providing uniform backlighting for 6-inch to 15-inch TFT LCD panels. The high performance and versatility of this product family also makes it suitable for industrial and automotive displays.
Features and Specifications
• 3V minimum supply voltage (using bootstrap operation) means no 5V bias supply is required to achieve very high efficiency
• Optional channel-to-channel phase shift control reduces video and audio noise interference
• Channel-to-channel current matching within 0.7% assures uniform backlight brightness
• Adjustable dimming frequency up to 30kHz shifts ripple above the audio range, eliminating audible noise
• Open-string, shorted-string, over-voltage and over-temperature protection saves the device and system in case of failure
Pricing and Availability
The ISL97682/3/4 are available now in a 3mm x 3mm, 16-pin TQFN package and are priced at $1.35 each in 1,000-unit quantities.
[View ISL97682/3/4 Stock Levels]