NXP Launches Android Application
News Release from:
NXP Semiconductors Netherlands B.V.
25 January 2011
NXP Semiconductors N.V. today introduced the NXP Android application, allowing easy and fast access to NXP's complete product portfolio. The free mobile application allows engineers to search, buy and share information on over 10,000 products from NXP's High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Products portfolio anytime, anywhere. This application will run on all Android smartphones and tablets supported by Android 1.6, 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3.
Features of the NXP Android application:
* Engineers can easily browse and search the NXP product database by product function, application area and part numbers to get product specifications. Product datasheets, application notes and packaging information are also available at the tap of a finger.
* Customers can order product parts using this application. By placing order directly into a shopping cart they will be directed to the online stores of NXP’s global distribution partners to complete the transaction within minutes.
* Engineers are able to share product information with peers via email or social media channels, like Facebook or Twitter.
* The “My Favorite” function allows engineers to keep track of products they are interested in for future reference.
* “About NXP” provides an overview of NXP’s global sales offices, distribution networks and access to the online technical support center.
The NXP Android application can be downloaded immediately by scanning this barcode with your mobile device scan function, or by accessing the Android market directly on your phone:
* “The release of the NXP Android Mobile Application is a milestone in our efforts to provide seamless access to our product catalog and the ability to make purchases across multiple application stores and devices,” said Mike Noonen, executive vice president of Global Sales and Marketing at NXP Semiconductors. “The industry’s first semiconductor Android application is a major step for today’s mobile engineer who historically had limited access options, but can now quickly make selections and purchase without having to be confined to their computers.”
* “For engineers it is crucially important that they get access to the latest product information as quickly and as easily as possible. The new Android-based NXP application allows easy access to the information engineers want when they want it,” said Sander Arts, vice president of corporate communications and branding at NXP Semiconductors. “This new Android application perfectly complements the award winning NXP iPhone app launched in July 2010, and shows that NXP is committed to making product information available anytime anywhere.”