Bentek solar, UL 1741 listing, CSA 22.2, certification
Bentek Solar Receives UL 1741 Listing and CSA 22.2 Certification for Its 1000VDC MDSS for Utility Scale Installations
News Release from:
01 July 2011
Bentek Solar, a leader in Balance of System (BOS) design and manufacturing for commercial and utility scale solar PV products, has received UL 1741 listing and CSA 22.2 certification for its 1000VDC Multiple Disconnect Safety System (MDSS).
“The 1000VDC MDSS is designed and manufactured for large utility scale projects. We are pleased with the overall market acceptance and customer response,” said Mitch Schoch, President and CEO of Bentek Solar.
The 1000VDC utility scale MDSS provides customers with:
• Reduced space requirements
• Reduced material costs
• Reduced labor costs
• Safety and protection to photovoltaic investments
• Complete isolation of the inverter fuses
Features of the 1000VDC utility scale MDSS include:
• From 3 to 10 integrated 1000VDC disconnects per MDSS
• Multiple 100A, 200A and 400A disconnects in one MDSS
• Enclosure is NEMA-3R + dust tight, with removable bottom panels for wiring
• Handles mounted internally or externally
“Our Multiple Disconnect Safety Systems are intended for installation next to the inverter. The MDSS provides customers with multiple UL 1000VDC load-break disconnects combined in one safe, compact, easy-to-install enclosure,” said Jim Peplinski, Chief Technology Officer at Bentek Solar.