Silicon Labs, Embedded World 2012
Silicon Labs to showcase high-performance USB, ultra-low-power and wireless MCUs at Embedded World 2012
News Release from:
Silicon Laboratories Inc
17 January 2012
Silicon Laboratories Inc. will showcase its next-generation mixed-signal microcontrollers (MCUs) and development tools at Embedded World 2012 in Nuremburg, Germany, Feb. 28 - Mar. 1 at Booth 4A-211. Silicon Labs will demonstrate high-performance USB MCUs for a variety of embedded applications; ultra-low-power MCUs and wireless MCUs targeting green energy, home automation and security systems; automotive MCUs for body electronics; and the company's latest development platforms and integrated development environments designed to simplify and accelerate the design process.
Silicon Labs' demonstrations will include not only a host of new mixed-signal solutions but also easy-to-use development tools that will significantly enhance embedded design productivity:
• Discover the next generation of mixed-signal MCUs designed to reduce power, cost and complexity for embedded applications such as motor control, industrial monitoring, portable medical, consumer devices and home automation. These new highly integrated, high-performance MCU products contain an array of user-configurable precision-analog peripherals such as 12-bit analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), digital-to-analog converters (DACs), integrated voltage reference, 5 V high-drive IOs and USB connectivity.
• Simplify your embedded development effort with Silicon Labs' new unified development platform (UDP) featuring interchangeable MCU and radio components and other subsystems to match your application needs. The innovative UDP includes a single motherboard, modular boards, and ample real estate for prototyping, expansion and system integration. It also supports MCU code and firmware development, RF design and optimization, and an array of network and protocol stacks.
• Experience Silicon Labs' GUI-based application builder software, which enables you to create custom software programs graphically without writing a line of code. The app builder tool is the centerpiece of Silicon Labs' advanced integrated development environment (IDE), which provides a one-stop shop source for all the information you need including example projects, data sheets, errata, schematics, PCB footprints, app notes, active version tracking, automatic updates and more.
• Meet the stringent system power budgets of your battery-operated and green energy designs with the industry's most energy-efficient MCUs, the C8051F96x family. Based on Silicon Labs' patented low-power technology, the new F96x MCUs enable 40 percent less system current draw and up to 65 percent longer battery life than competing MCUs, making them an excellent fit for smart metering, in-home utility monitoring, wireless security, home and building automation, portable medical and asset tracking products.
• Connect with the embedded industry's most sophisticated ultra-low-power wireless MCU family. Silicon Labs' Si102x/3x wireless MCUs combine the power-saving features of the F96x MCUs with the company's EZRadioPRO® sub-GHz transceiver into a single-chip solution that's perfect for battery-operated embedded systems requiring both energy efficiency and industry-leading RF performance.
• Test drive Silicon Labs' comprehensive automotive motor control reference design based on the company's automotive-grade MCUs qualified and tested to the AEC-Q100 specification with high-temperature operation up to 125°C. These automotive MCUs feature LIN 2.1 and CAN 2.0B interfaces, making them ideal for a variety of automotive body electronics such as anti-pinch window lifters, power seats, and networked mirror and door controls.