Semtech to feature World’s Longest-Reach SDI Equalizer and Industry’s Most Advanced Cable Driver at IBC 2012
News Release from:
03 September 2012
Semtech Corporation today announced it will showcase the most comprehensive, end-to-end portfolio of broadcast serial digital interface video solutions available at IBC 2012.
This will be the latest demonstration of the Gennum product line following Semtech’s acquisition of Gennum Corp.in March 2012. Semtech’s Gennum product line will be demonstrated at booth # F38 Hall 10, in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, next week at the International Broadcasting Convention exhibition.
On display at the show is the new GS3480 cable driver platform, the GS3440 long-reach adaptive equalizer platform, video optical module solutions and the industry-leading GX3290 video crosspoint platform.
In addition, Semtech will be hosting an invitation-only technology suite, demonstrating its next-generation broadcast SDI technology.
“SDI broadcast systems are even more crucial to a broadcast industry that is changing to keep up with demand, and Semtech's Gennum products have a legacy of being best-in-class for more than 20 years. What makes us a leader is the combination of innovative SDI technologies with industry-leading application support which means customers get the right solution with the shortest development time,” said Gary Beauchamp, Senior Vice President & General Manager, Gennum Product Group. “Broadcast SDI products are an important part of our business and a market where we are leading the competition. I invite all of the IBC attendees to stop by the booth and see that for themselves while at the show.”
Semtech’s Gennum product platforms offer advanced solutions for demanding broadcast applications which include broadcast routers, multiviewers, cameras, distribution amplifiers, monitors and satellite receivers.
Semtech’s product solutions on display in the IBC 2012 booth will include:
1. The GS3440 is a long-reach adaptive cable equalizer that provides industry leading reach at 3G, HD and SD data rates, making it the preferred equalizer for the most demanding real-world applications.
2. The GS3480 cable driver offers an advanced feature set including four positive outputs and cable boost technology, so that it can be utilized for shifting the SMPTE compliance point from the output connector to a point further downstream, providing additional margin in long-reach applications.
3. The GX3290 crosspoint demo will show the feature set and switching ability of the full production GX3290, the broadcast video industry's first 290 x 290 fully non-blocking asynchronous crosspoint switch. The demo will show such firsts as eight strobes for multiple-sync applications, integrated eye-pattern evaluation and test signal generation.
4. Video optical modules create an optical link that incorporates Semtech’s video optical transmitter and receiver pair sending video signals over optical fiber. Semtech’s proprietary solution is designed specifically for SDI video and features best-in-class receiver sensitivity, exceptional dynamic range and transmission of SDI over fiber with no pathological penalty.
5. The GS2971A Receiver and GS2972 Transmitter are Semtech’s industry leading SDI deserializing and serializing solutions. The GS2971A and GS2972 feature best-in-class analog performance and unlike other serializer/deserializer solutions, feature integrated SMPTE processing, simplifying development and speeding time to market for designs utilizing these components.