Renesas Electronics Europe, PCIM Europe 2012
Renesas Electronics Europe will exhibit at PCIM Europe 2012 in Hall 12, booth 12-364
News Release from:
Renesas Technology Europe Ltd
20 April 2012
Renesas Electronics Europe will exhibit at PCIM Europe 2012 in Hall 12, booth 12-364, and showcase the following product highlights.
At PCIM 2012, Renesas Electronics will be showing its full range of discrete devices, covering voltage range from Vdss = 20V to 1500V. It will also showcase its new super junction technology for outstanding Rds(on) levels and low Qg, resulting in excellent figure of merit values; and its own package technology for best thermal characteristics, smallest outlines and highest reliability. Special PowerMOSFET highlights include:
• Low voltage PMOSFET in 3 phase bridge configuration for DC motor drives with a LFPAK high performance package
LFPAK is one example for the outstanding performance of the applied package technology. This package design replaces internal bond wire connections between chip and lead frame replacing them by direct connection using Au bumps, achieving lowest package resistance and best heat dissipation. Further package designs like HVSON8, miniHVSON8 and WPAK applying Al ribbon and Cu clip connection with similar performance offer extremely low package height. HSON8 is the latest development combining the performance of a standard TO-252 package with outlines of SOP8.
• Medium voltage PMOSFET in PSU unit including PFC from the new 600V super junction product series.
Renesas Electronics will be showing a complete portfolio of IGBT to support power solutions such as inverters for solar, welding, industrial motor, pumps, UPS, PSU, home appliances, induction heating applications and more.
• Renesas’ leading edge technology, the thin wafer process, has set a new market benchmark, enabling high efficiency in target applications. The IGBT portfolio classes of 600V, 1100V, 1200V and 1350V are provided from 5 to 50A (at 100°C), balancing high speed and low VCEsat to minimize conduction and switching losses according to application requirements.
With enhanced short circuit capability, Renesas’ IGBTs are well suited for use as switches for industrial motors where high current capability is required during startup phase and fault conditions. Renesas IGBT portfolio is provided in industry standard power packages including DPak, D2Pak, TO220, TO247, and TO-3P.
Renesas Electronics continues to develop high-speed and IGBT drive optocouplers for harsh industrial environments where safety characteristics such as isolation and shielding are the key selection criteria.
• At PCIM 2012, Renesas will present an expanded IGBT drive optocoupler product range for isolated IGBT gate drives.
• In the higher temperature area, Renesas has developed a new IGBT drive optocoupler, the PS9307 series, which comes in a 6-pin SDIP package and features a maximum ambient operating temperature of 125°C and 0.6A maximum output current. It achieves industry leading shielding performance with a common mode immunity of minimum 50KV/µs. All Renesas IGBT drive optocouplers meet isolation and shielding requirements like 5kVrms isolation voltage, 8mm creepage distance and minimum common mode immunity of 25kV/ms.
• For industrial high speed communication, Renesas is launching two new 10Mbps high speed optocouplers (the PS9123 and PS9324) in compact packages that are compatible with industrial standards and feature high temperature operation (up to 110°C) and low power consumption (e.g. 3.3V operation). The PS9123 features a totem pole output and is packaged in a 5-pin small outline package (SOP), making it suitable for applications where space on the board is limited. The PS9324 has an open collector output and is packaged in a small 6-pin SDIP which guarantees the highest isolation voltage of 5kVrms and a creepage distance of 8mm while reducing the mounting space by 50% compared to a classical 8-pin DIP package.
• Renesas will also be showing a new package, the Long-SDIP, which provides extra long creepage distance of minimum 14mm. The initial releases in this innovative package will comprise a 2.5A output current IGBT drive optocoupler and a 10Mbps high speed optocoupler.
With these new products, Renesas continues to target industrial high speed communication and inverter applications such as industrial motor drives, solar power generation and induction heating hobs.