AMD, Radeon E6760,
AMD Delivers First Embedded GPU Offering Support for OpenCL and Six Independent Displays
News Release from:
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)
04 May 2011
Today at Embedded Systems Conference Silicon Valley 2011, AMD introduced the AMD Radeon E6760 embedded discrete graphics processor. Available now, the AMD Radeon E6760 GPU is the first of its kind to offer embedded system designers the combination of OpenCL support (1) along with support for six independent displays.
The AMD Radeon E6760 GPU provides customers with superior business economics through long lifecycle management and product stability, said Richard Jaenicke, director of Embedded Client Business for AMD. Embedded system designers faced with power and density constraints now have a solution that delivers the advanced 3D graphics and multimedia features they require in this performance-driven market.
The AMD Radeon E6760 GPU secures AMD's position as a provider of the highest performance graphics processors available today for embedded devices (2), said Dan Joncas, vice president of Sales, ALT Software. With remarkable graphics performance and video support, power management functions for resource constrained devices, and OpenCL support to unlock the GPU's parallel processing capabilities, the AMD Radeon E6760 GPU allows OEMs to differentiate their products from competitors by bringing new levels of performance and functionality to their embedded devices.
AMD Fusion APUs and the AMD Radeon E6760 GPU provide significant advantages for our new line of intelligent industrial cameras, said Kristian Glode Madsen, managing director, Qtechnology A/S. We are now able to provide a high-speed, real-time imaging system in the same form factor as a standard industrial camera with the flexibility and rich environment of Linux and OpenCL, normally only available on a PC.
Tech Source has been successful in the embedded market with our Condor XMC product line that uses AMD's high performance graphics chips, said Selwyn L. Henriques, president, Tech Source Inc. AMD technology has allowed us to really keep ahead of the curve in terms of both functionality and performance. Our tests have proven that the new AMD Radeon E6760 chip will significantly enhance our OpenCL/GPGPU solutions.
The AMD Radeon E6760 GPU enables an immersive experience with desktop-level 3D graphics and multimedia features:
* An advanced 3D graphics engine and programmable shader architecture supports Microsoft DirectX 11 technology for superior graphics rendering.
* With an integrated frame buffer, high reliability and small footprint thermal solution, the AMD Radeon E6760 GPU enables designers of casino gaming, arcade and medical imaging systems to quickly deliver products with a compelling competitive edge.
* Support for OpenCL provides an industry standard interface to access the exceptional compute performance per watt for general purpose graphics processing unit (GPGPU) applications such as ultrasound, radar and video surveillance.
* Featuring multi-display support with AMD Eyefinity technology, the AMD Radeon E6760 GPU supports up to six independent output displays, HDMI 1.4 stereoscopic video and DisplayPort 1.2 for higher link speeds and simplified display connectivity.
* The AMD Radeon E6760 GPU comes with five years of planned supply availability. Technical support is provided by a dedicated team of application engineering experts.
The AMD Radeon E6760 GPU can be paired with AMD's upcoming high-performance A-Series Accelerated Processing Units (APU) codenamed Llano to offer additional graphics capability and additional parallel computing power.