Digital, door, LED, Sign, TFT display, ARM-based PoE network controller, Display technologies
Digital Door Sign from Display Technology
News Release from:
Display Technology Ltd
05 September 2011
Picture an office building where each room has a digital door sign and you can easily control the contents from a central point. Imagine you can quickly and efficiently display individual information for visitors or employees, e.g. vacation, out to lunch, meeting in progress etc. And where you can combine digital door signs of different sizes for offices, conference rooms plus universities and additionally integrate large-format screens for way finding systems.
With the new 4.3 Digital Door Sign from Display Technology the imagination is now reality. Designed and manufactured in Germany, the digital display device consists of a 4.3 brilliant colour and high resolution TFT display and an ARM-based PoE network controller specially adapted for the display. Via the integrated network interface, the device receives door sign information fast, easy and professionally in outstanding optical quality. And since the Digital Door Sign has an integrated controller, no PC or windows operating system is necessary. Software installations, maintenance and regular software updates are not required.
The innovative and flexible solution leaves nothing to be desired and is suited to the most diverse project requirements. Whether in the form of separate hardware components, which permit a free design of housing, or in the form of a complete solution with flush-mounted socket and cover frame made of high-quality brushed aluminium, the digital door sign is an innovative and energy-saving TFT solution.
4.3 Digital Door Sign Key Features at a glance:
• High quality 4.3 LED backlit TFT display
• PoE (Power over Ethernet) or 12v
• No investment in expensive server software
• Allows very precise text display
• Power consumption less than 2 watts
• No on-going administration and maintenance
• 24 bit colour depth support
• Network content update via push / pull
• Ethernet 100 Mbps
• Choice of bezel designs
• Integrated ARM9 controller
• Display cover toughened glass
• Embedded Linux OS
Depending on the desired application, the door sign is available in the following versions:
1. Door Sign with Display Drive Software (complete solution)
2. Door Sign with ArtistaNET function for integration into custom application software
3. Door Sign with DigiPoster function for loading XML based playlists and update from FTP server or with ACC application software.