LaunchPad ecosystem expanded with $17 C2000 LaunchPad
News Release from:
01 August 2012
Moving beyond exploration to prototyping of digital, real-time control applications is now easier and more cost-effective with the new C2000 LaunchPad evaluation kit, based on the Piccolo 32-bit TMS320F2802x microcontroller, from TI. Introduced today, C2000 LaunchPad builds upon the popularity and success of the TI microcontroller LaunchPad ecosystem.
C2000 LaunchPad is a modular, quick-launch evaluation kit that contains everything needed – device, emulation and software – for developers, hobbyists and university students to explore the latest real-time control techniques for applications like digital motor control, lighting and power conversion.
The TI microcontroller LaunchPad ecosystem, with its MSP430 LaunchPad and new C2000 LaunchPad, offers flexibility and expandability into one of the 12 available BoosterPack expansion boards. These BoosterPacks, including future additions to the ecosystem, enable greater functionality and speed design and exploration. For example, available for use with the new C2000 LaunchPad is a new $30 LED BoosterPack, perfect for LED lighting applications requiring multi-string lighting or color-mixing functions. Developers can get started quickly with TI’s free controlSUITE software and documentation and also share project ideas and collaborate on best practices through a large open source community.
C2000 LaunchPad features and benefits:
• $17 C2000 LaunchPad features the Piccolo 32-bit TMS320F28027 microcontroller, bringing powerful control capabilities to a wider variety of developers.
• On-board JTAG emulator enables quick, easy project evaluation.
• Easy access to all control peripherals through header pins that interface with external components or custom daughter boards.
• Simply connect to TI BoosterPack expansion boards to enable various applications, such as LED lighting, capacitive touch and more.
• Includes a limited version of TI’s Code Composer Studio integrated development environment v5 to ease software development.
• Supported in controlSUITE, which features examples, libraries, application software and much more, all free for download.
LED BoosterPack features and benefits:
• $30 LED BoosterPack plugs into C2000 LaunchPad to demonstrate digital control of color LEDs.
• Shows control of three boost stages and color mixing using a single microcontroller.
• LED BoosterPack includes an on-board MSP430 microcontroller with the capability to add the capacitive touch booster pack for touch-based color control.
Pricing and availability
The new C2000 LaunchPad (LAUNCHXL-F28027) is available for order now for $17 USD and the LED BoosterPack (BOOSTXL-C2KLED) is available for $30 USD. The compatible MSP430 LaunchPad (MSP-EXP430G2) and Capacitive Touch BoosterPack (430BOOST-SENSE1) are also available now, and the Stellaris LaunchPad is coming soon.