Bare Die program, TI
TI expands small quantity semiconductor packaging options with availability of bare die
News Release from:
26 March 2012
Texas Instruments Incorporated today unveiled new and expanded semiconductor package options with the availability of bare die. TI's bare die program allows customers to order small quantities as low as 10 pieces for initial prototyping purposes, and larger quantities of full waffle trays for production purposes. Bare die options also provide the capability to integrate multiple functions into smaller areas.
With electronic products and systems rapidly getting smaller and more integrated, TI’s bare die enables customers to design end equipment with smaller form factors by implementing multi-chip modules (MCM) or systems-in-package (SiPs).
Moving to more integrated packaging solutions provides both weight and power dissipation savings, while improving overall system-level reliability in space-constrained applications. Bare die options are currently available for specific devices in TI’s Analog, Power Management, DSP, and MCU portfolios. Further releases will be evaluated and requested through TI’s HiRel product group. Bare die target applications include consumer smart cards, mobile RFID readers, medical, industrial, security and high-reliability.
Key features and benefits:
• Space savings: Bare die enables integration of electronics into smaller form factors, which helps designers meet space constraints in applications, such as smart cards and other chip-on-board applications.
• Function integration: Customers building MCMs can integrate the desired components, such as amplifiers, data converters and power components, into one substrate.
• Smaller minimum order quantity: Customers can order as few as 10 pieces for initial prototyping purposes, and larger quantities of full waffle trays for production.
• Expanded availability to order die: Bare die select devices are now available through TI’s standard distribution partners and orderable on www.ti.com.
• Broadest bare die capability: Customers can take advantage of the most extensive small quantity options in the market to get their products to market faster.