34972A, LXI Data Acquisition, Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies' New LXI Data Acquisition Switch Unit Delivers Instant Easy Connectivity and Use Anywhere
News Release from:
01 February 2010
Agilent Technologies introduced a data acquisition switch unit that easily connects, configures and acquires data at the bench, on the network or in a remote application. The Agilent 34972A 3-slot LXI Class-C compliant data acquisition switch unit includes a built-in 6 1/2 digit DMM, eight optional plug-in modules, 1 Gb LAN and USB 2.0 ports. This gives engineers involved in R&D and functional test the connectivity options they need, yet it easily connects to a PC or Laptop using standard PC IO.
The 34972A incorporates per-channel measurement configuration, data logging and data monitoring all controlled by an intuitive, Web-enabled graphical user interface for remote network control. With the integrated LAN and USB 2.0 interfaces, there is no need to purchase additional and often expensive IO cards, cables or converters.
The 34972A is built on a history of price/performance value starting with the popular Agilent 34970. Now customers can set up their test and get to their measurement results even faster, said Gary Whitman, vice president and general manager, Agilent's System Products Division. Engineers want a flexible data acquisition system that is easy to use in any required set-up. They want it to just work without configuration hassles. This is achieved with the Web-enabled graphical user interface and integrated USB flash drive which is especially effective in remote data acquisition applications.
The Agilent 34972A data acquisition unit includes:
* broad flexible connectivity with a 3-slot LXI, 6 1/2 digit DMM and 8 plug-in modules;
* a wide selection of measurement capabilities with 11 different input signals including temperature with thermocouples, RTDs and thermistors, DC/AC volts or current, 2- or 4-wire resistance, frequency and period;
* instant, familiar PC connectivity with 1Gb LAN and USB 2.0;
* convenient data storage with a USB flash drive. The 34972A, using the BenchLink Data Logger configurator software, can copy the instrument's data directly to a USB flash drive without a PC;
* easy local or remote setup and control using the instrument's Web-enabled graphical user interface or the included BenchLink Data Logger software.
The Agilent 34972A is the newest addition to Agilent's popular 34970A and 34980A data acquisition and switch family. The 34972A is code compatible with the 34970A and can accept any of the eight optional switch and control plug-in modules currently available for the switch family. The plug-in modules also features on-board screw terminals and relay closure count so engineers can create a compact data logger, a full-featured data acquisition system, or a low-cost switching unit that is easy to connect, configure and use in connected and non-connected applications.