ADP2441, Step-down Synchronous Regulator Simplifies Power Designs
News Release from:
17 July 2012
ADI have today released the ADP2441, DC-to-DC switching regulator, the most recent in ADI's growing portfolio of integrated power management switching regulators. The new 36-V, 1-A step-down regulator integrates both low-on-resistance and high-side and low-side power switches to provide compact point-of-load design and offers more than 94 percent efficiency.
Under light load conditions, the ADP2441 will automatically operate in PSM to reduce switching losses and improve energy efficiency.The ADP2441 supports a wide input range from 4.5 V to 36 V to accommodate a diversity of point-of-load applications including industrial and communication equipment and healthcare electronics. Output voltage is adjustable from 0.6 V to 90 percent of input voltage. The new regulator also offers low minimum on-time of 50 ns saving valuable board space and cost through its suitability for single-stage, high input to low output power conversion.
By using a current-mode constant frequency PWM control scheme, the ADP2441 offers excellent stability and transient response to minimise the output voltage ripple. The switching frequency of the regulator can be adjusted from 300 kHz to 1 MHz. The new regulator also offers precision enable, voltage tracking and power-good features to enable a simple and reliable start-up sequence. System reliability and protection are enhanced further through over-current protection, under-voltage lockout and thermal shutdown. The ADP2441 operates over the −40°C to +125°C junction temperature range and is available in compact 3 mm × 3 mm 12-lead LFCSP package. Analog Devices’ integrated power management switching regulators are also supported by the ADIsimPower design tools, which makes selecting components, simulating power supply performance and building evaluation circuits easy and fast.
ADP2441 Synchronous Regulator Key Features:
• Wide input voltage range up of 4.5 V to 36 V supports a diverse range of point-of-load applications
• Peak efficiency up to 94 percent improves system-power efficiency and reduces thermal dissipation
• Low minimum on time of 50 ns supports high input voltage to low output voltage conversion
• Automatic power-saving mode at light load
• Output voltage is adjustable to 0.6V with ±1% accuracy
• Precision-enable input, voltage tracking input and power-good feature
• Adjustable switching frequency from 300 kHz to 1 MHz
• Supported by ADIsimPower design tools
The ADP2441 is available now for sampling and in production quantities priced at USD 1.78 in 1000's.