AIS Releases ARM-based HMI Panel PC┤s Embedded with the Windows CE Operating System for Packaging Machine Applications
News Release from:
American Industrial Systems
17 March 2011
American Industrial Systems, Inc. is an ISO 9001:2008 certified supplier and manufacturer of industrial 5.7 and 7 ARM-based HMI panel PCs featuring ultra-low power consumption, shock & vibration resistance, and wide temperature operation.
The micro terminals come with Microsoft Windows CE 6.0 operating system preloaded and are enclosed in a small form factor housing featuring a IP65 protected front panel with integrated touch screen for sealing out dust and water, allowing operation in environmentally challenging conditions. The AIS ARM-based control technology can control and monitor the complete process chains for individual packaging machines and complete packaging lines in an industrial automation environment.
The open platform human machine interface systems utilize a RISC-based 533MHz processor providing high performance, extreme low power consumption and low cost for use in industrial embedded HMI applications. Pre-loaded Windows Embedded CE 6.0 is a real time operating system built on the highly reliable, high performance CE 6.0 platform to give OEM and system integrators the ability to build HMI operator terminals with an immersive user interface, rich browsing and connected experiences. Power over Ethernet (PoE) capability is available on the panel pc┤s, allowing the system to be powered through remote switches over standard category 5 cable in an Ethernet network.
This 5.7 and 7 HMI operator station is engineered to operate in extreme industrial conditions, featuring a wide operating temperature range of -20C to 60C in addition to a high brightness LCD display with touch screen interface. VESA standard mounting holes are available on every unit for easy deployment into different applications involving the use of PLCs, motion/thermal controllers, inverters and sensors. Whether your application requires a commercial off the shelf (COTS) unit, or a fully customized HMI Panel PC, AIS has the flexibility to meet your requirement.
System Integrators/VARs pricing starting at $499
Features and Benefits
* 5.7 640 x 480 or 7 800x480 LCD display.
* High performance low power consumption ARM-based Samsung 6410 533MHz RISC processor.
* Windows CE 6.0 operating system preloaded.
* 128MB SDRAM, 256MB NAND flash memory storage, power over Ethernet (PoE) Device and 1.5W speakers
* 4 wire resistive touch for compact & rugged HMI durable and reliable platforms.
* Built-in communication ports support RS232, RS485 and Ethernet connectivity.
* Built-in USB ports support transferring files or updating firmware
* Wide Range Temperature -20 to +60C
* Ultra-slim, light, fanless and vibration-resistant design.
* Built-in TCP/IP via Ethernet for traceability, easy validation, service and diagnostics via the Internet.