X-ES Shipping Dual 10 Gigabit Ethernet XMC
News Release from:
11 April 2012
Extreme Engineering Solutions is shipping the XPort3301, a dual 10GBASE-T 10 Gigabit Ethernet XMC module. The XPort3301 is well suited to applications requiring cost-effective, high-bandwidth communications such as remote sensor interfacing, traffic aggregation, storage, and data center networks.
With 10GBASE-T support, the XPort3301 provides very economical 10 Gigabit Ethernet communications over standard Category 6A cables and RJ-45 connectors. An eight-lane PCI Express 2.0 XMC interface on the XPort3301 provides the bandwidth required to move data at line speed between the dual 10 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces and the host processor.
The XPort3301 features include:
• Intel® X540 dual 10 Gigabit Ethernet controller
• Dual 10GBASE-T 10 Gigabit Ethernet front panel (RJ-45) or rear (P16) interfaces
• Supports legacy 100BASE-TX and 1000BASE-T operation
• x8 PCI Express 2.0 interface to the host module per VITA 42.3
• Optional support for IEEE1588 or Precision Time Protocol (PTP)
• Conduction- or air- cooled
• Linux, VxWorks, and Windows drivers
The XPort3301 is engineered to scale from an air-cooled, commercial version (0 to 55ºC) to a rugged, conduction-cooled version (-40 to +85ºC) in accordance with appropriate environmental and EMI test methods.