Well informed with ODU CAT5 connectors
News Release from:
ODU Steckverbindungssysteme GmbH & Co
12 October 2010
Couplings for railway vehicles are subjected to the most severe environmental conditions. They must stand up to vibration, wear debris from the brakes, dirt and moisture. The connectors that are used must also withstand these difficult conditions, because the flawless transmission of data, for example, for passenger information, entertainment and safety systems, between the individual railway cars is required.
In order to satisfy the increasing demands in the railroad technology sector, connector specialist ODU from Mühldorf has developed a new Category 5 connector for the transmission of data rates under difficult environmental conditions.
Data transmission rates of up to 100 Mbit / 100 MHz cannot faze these new connectors. EMC protection of 360° ensures that the data transmission is impervious to outside influences. The use of the proven ODU springwire contacts guarantees more than 50,000 mating cycles. The springwire technology also ensures the highest level of transmission reliability in the face of vibration and temperature fluctuations.
The use of light materials such as aluminum for the housing is also advantageous. This allows weight savings in even the smallest components.
Because there are few components, assembly is simple and quick. The ODU CAT5 can be assembled to common data rate cables in next to no time. GHMT certification (test report no.: P2211a-10-E) makes the new connection system perfect for use under the most severe environmental conditions.
The most important data at a glance:
* Date transmission up to 100 Mbit/100 MHz
* Best properties under the most severe conditions
* More than 50,000 mating cycles
* Aluminium housing for reduced weight
* 360° EMC protection
* Highest level of vibrational stability due to the use of springwire contacts
* Consistent transmission rates even with temperature fluctuations
* Easy assembly because there are gew components
* Can be connected to commom data rate cables
* Certified by GHMT - Test report no.: P2211a-10-E