Water-Cooled Sorensen ASD Series Power Supplies - Ideal for Process Power, ATE & Control Applications
News Release from:
Ametek Programmable Power Inc
03 August 2012
AMETEK Programmable Power have today unveiled the Sorensen ASD Series 40V and 60V precision programmable AC-DC power supplies. The Sorensen ASD's water-cooled packaging allows it to provide up to 30 kW of power in a 3U form factor, giving it unrivaled power density for a power supply in this class.
Being water cooled, it is ideal for precision programmable power applications with stringent air quality requirements such as clean rooms or industrial environments that are dirty or potentially corrosive and damaging to air-cooled power supplies.
The ASD DSP-based digital architecture, with real-time digital control and Graphical User Interface, enables advanced features for better control and monitoring of critical processes and applications.
For example, the optional advanced features package includes a built-in oscilloscope function for measurement and display of: power, voltage, current, output impedance, output cable impedance and output cable voltage drop. The ASD provides the ability to program different “fault levels,” enabling detection of output cabling, connection or load problems before they cause critical system problems. The ASD can replace a system programmable logic device by closing the loop on an external parameter such as temperature.
Additionally, the ASD’s Advanced Diagnostics And Maintenance function includes a “flight data recorder” feature that can capture and record multiple parameters facilitating troubleshooting and process improvement.
The Sorensen ASD product series with its outstanding load transient, ripple and noise performance, combined with advanced digital control functionality is ideal for today’s demanding precision power applications.
Sorensen ASD advanced features summary:
• Precise programming of voltage and current slew rate for sensitive loads.
• Modules within one chassis can be connected to different loads and controlled independently.
• Industrial field bus interface (Modbus-TCP, Modbus-RTU, Ethernet/IP, or EtherCAT) enable real-time digital control.
• Built-in energy meter calculates the delivered energy throughout a process or period of time.
• Real time-clock enables accurate time stamping of events.
• Built in power quality monitoring detects and saves input voltage anomalies, which can be
saved for later diagnostic analysis.
• Programmable analog interface scaling makes it simpler to integrate the ASD with existing systems.
• Load impedance measurement, including rate-of-change calculations, enable load “state of health” monitoring and implementation of system preventive maintenance algorithms
• Programmable filter bandwidth of the output voltage, current and power monitors let the user
accommodate their response speed to particular needs.
• Full featured GUI helps to test and debug the system by communicating with the power supply in real time.
With prices starting at $6400 (US), Sorensen ASD Series units are shipping to customers.